WildJunket is a travel blog with a focus on adventure travel, created to inspire others to get off the conventional trail and seek out extraordinary experiences. We see travel as a journey that enriches our lives and makes us better people – and we want to share that invaluable experience with you.
We are a travel writing and photography team passionate about independent travel, outdoor adventures, languages and food. We’ve been traveling around the world hand-in-hand since 2003, experiencing over 50 countries in six different continents together. Along the way, we’ve lived and worked in London, Madrid, Granada, Tanzania and Singapore. As advocates of slow travel, we have also spent months backpacking through South America, volunteering in Tanzania and exploring Southeast Asia. In our quest for adventure, we’ve climbed an active volcano in Guatemala, skydived in Spain, watched wildlife on the Galapagos Islands and dived the depths of Borneo, Malaysia.
WildJunket was first created in 2008 but it has since grown tremendously, becoming one of the top travel websites in the world. Since its success, we’ve developed several projects together – one of which is the launch of WildJunket Magazine, a digital flipbook magazine that shares travel experiences and inspires readers on a deeper level.
About Nellie Huang
Nellie is a professional travel writer and editor with an eye for adventure and a love for the unknown. Originally from Singapore, she pursued an Engineering degree and spent her days dreaming of travel – the day after graduation, she packed her bags and headed off to experience the world.
She then spent the next few years working as a teacher, translator and project analyst. With sheer will and hard work, she eventually found her way into travel writing and fulfilled her lifetime dream.
Her work has since been published in numerous publications including National Geographic Intelligent Travel, CNN Go, Travel+Leisure Asia, Wend, Women Adventure Magazine, Food&Travel, International Lifestyle, TNT Magazine, Explorer, amongst others.
She is also a contributing guidebook author of VIVA Travel Guide Guatemala (1st Edition) and writer for World Travel Guides.
Interesting Facts about her:
- She speaks four languages: English, Mandarin, Spanish and French.
- Her favorite places in the world are some of the best wildlife-watching spots, such as the Galapagos and Madagascar.
- Mojitos make her go weak in the knees, so do rum punch, margaritas, mai tai….
- She hates cooking but loves eating.
Her favourite travel experiences:
About Alberto Molero
Interesting Facts about him:
- He’s a technology geek and loves his gadgets more than anything.
- His favorite places in the world are Australia and Japan.
- He constantly dreams of living on the beach and surfing everyday.
- He dislikes spicy food but adores barbecued ribs and makes a mean tortilla de patatas.