Greetings from the Paradisical Island of Mauritius!

Posted on July 8, 2011 by

Here’s a quick update to let you guys know that I’ve found paradise! An emerald isle found in the middle of the Indian Ocean, Mauritius is all that I’d imagine it to be, and more. Surrounded by turquoise sea and cluttered with luscious green rainforests, this tropical island is packed with plenty of surprises. Since we got here, we’ve been driving through its bustling towns and sugarcane plantations, soaking up its chilled undercurrents and getting a feel of its electic ethnic culture. We’re here for just a week, before hopping over to our main destination: Madagascar! While I try my best to steer clear from my laptop (we’re on our honeymoon!), here are some pictures shot over the past few days to give you a glimpse of island life on Mauritius. Enjoy!

Belle Mare beach, Mauritius

Belle Mare beach – pristine waters, clear skies and not a single person in sight.

Seven-colored earth in MauritiusThe 7-colored earth surrounded by luscious palm trees and mountains.

Black River GorgeA stunning view of the Black Gorge River National Park in Southern Mauritius.

Beach at Roche NoirHuge waves and green grass at the Roche Noir beach.

resort at Belle MareOur intimate and cosy resort at Belle Mare.

Me at the Grand Baie, MauritiusThat’s me, happily wading into the clear waters at Grand Baie, Mauritius.

7 Responses to “Greetings from the Paradisical Island of Mauritius!”

1. Sophie July 8, 2011 6:50 pm #

You got some very beautiful photos of Mauritius, esp. the coloured earths at Chamarel.

2. theridingdutchman July 8, 2011 10:48 pm #

Wow that really looks like a beautiful place!

3. Mauritius August 9, 2011 9:19 pm #

Really nice panorama photos of my island, i can recognise the ex Emeraude Hotel now taken over by the Attitude resorts group. We will have it soon back online in our portfolio of offers. Reading the comments above, I can recommend you all to come for a trip to my island, if you need tipps just ask me :) Check my Mauritius photos at Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/isla_mauricia/sets/

4. KatieB August 19, 2011 5:39 pm #

I got married in Mauritius, in fact it was actually in Grand Baie. It was amazing and one of the best things I've ever done. The country is spectacular, the people so friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble for them. We were there this time 8 years ago. Your photos are beautiful, you've certainly captured the place as I remember it. I'm desperate to get back there soon!

5. Ashwin September 13, 2011 7:50 pm #

There are many nice places to go in Mauritius. Check out http://wp.me/pR0rm-As

6. Paradise March 8, 2013 8:07 am #

I couldn't agree more that Mauritius is truly a paradise in a gorgeous tropical and romantic setting, where hospitality is really genuine. Excellent choice for your honeymoon Nellie!

1. Daily Travel Snapshot: Aerial View of Mauritius | Wild Junket - August 3, 2011

[...] aerial shot of the southeastern tip of Mauritius. var Scribol; if(typeof Scribol=='undefined'){Scribol={}; [...]