Thou it didn’t feel like X’mas, with the tropical heat and the oceanic setting, we undoubtedly immersed ourselves in the beach bummer lifestyle both of us adore. Everyday was breezy and carefree – waking up to a stunning sunrise by our simple water chalet, diving the deep waters and swimming amidst turtles, then napping away on our verandah overlooking the sea in the evening.
Posted on December 30, 2008 by Nellie Huang‹
clownfish playing amongst the sea anemone
school of trevallies
About Nellie HuangNellie Huang is a professional travel writer and blogger with a special interest in off-grid destinations and adventure travel. Her mission is to visit every country in the world. In her quest, she's climbed an active volcano in Iceland, swam with sealions in the Galapagos, built a school in Tanzania, waddled with penguins in Antarctica, crossed into North Korea and drank beer in Palestine.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get a FREE Wildlife Photography eBook
You will receive:
- Travel Updates
- Magazine News
Looking for Something?
- A Look Back at Kaleya’s Travels in Her First Year April 13, 2016
- How I Get Paid to Travel May 10, 2016
- 10 of the Cheapest Countries to Travel May 25, 2016
- How to Become a Travel Blogger March 21, 2016
- Faroe Islands in Photos — The Secret Isles of the Atlantic May 18, 2016
- 10 of the Most Expensive Travel Destinations June 27, 2016
- How to Start A Travel Blog: A Complete Guide June 20, 2016
- Traveling with a Baby – How Becoming a Mother Has Not Stopped Me From Traveling June 15, 2016
- Traveling with No Luggage in Budapest June 9, 2016
- How to Travel More and Work from Anywhere June 2, 2016
- Nancie: Thanks for sharing; very insightful!...
- Erin Bender: Somebody forgot to tell TIME author that it\'s not...
- Alison: Thanks for this post! It\'s very timely for me as ...
- Nellie Huang: Hey Suz, glad you liked this piece! Send it to you...
- Suz: Fantastic article. I wish my friends would read t...
accommodation activities activity adventure Africa Asia Australia beach blogsherpa camping city cruise daytrip Europe excursion Food hiking holiday hotel how-to india island Life magazine national park nature north america Norway outdoor outdoors photo-essay photoblog photography review Spain tips tour travel trekking trip vacation what to do what to see wildlife world