We’ve just returned from three weeks in Africa, journeying from the Mother City, Cape Town, to the backwaters of Botswana and the wildlife-rich bushes of Zimbabwe. Wildlife was the main theme of our trip: we saw over hundreds of elephants, came across herds of buffaloes drinking at a waterhole, and spotted crocodiles and kudus in their natural habitat. But that was not all, we also tried gorge swinging at Victoria Falls, went cage shark diving in South Africa, and even got stranded in the middle of the bush at night when our safari jeep broke down!
Africa’s bush is raw and rugged, and its poetic beauty is enough to impress even the most hardened traveler. Here are some of the highlights of our trip:
- Video: Gorge Swinging at Victoria Falls
- Elephants Crossing: River Safari on the Chobe
- Face to Face with Great White Sharks
- Wildlife Watching in Zimbabwe
- Sandboarding on Bazaruto Island, Mozambique
- Driving along the Coast of Cape Peninsula, South Africa