August/September 2012 issue | On sale 16 July
This is just a preview of WildJunket Magazine Jun/July 2012 issue.
In this issue, we have gathered a very diverse mix of stories from various corners of the world: with a cover feature on tracking grizzly bears in central Alaska, a stunning photo essay on the island nation of Vanuatu, and a comprehensive travel guide on the Inca kingdom, Peru.
We also have a feature on WWOOFing in the French Polynesia by Contributing Editor Candace Rose Rardon, who had volunteered on a black pearl farm a few years back, and has also written a travel memoir based on the experience. To coincide with the one-year anniversary of Sudan’s division into two separate countries, our contributor, Melissa Shales, visits the little-known central Sudan and finds a world of surprises, in our Under the Radar section. Travel guide writer Sasha Heseltine brings us into Europe’s last patch of wilderness in Poland, tracking bisons and moose along the way. In our Stay section, Mariellen Ward finds Shangri-la in the luxury boutique hotel of Uma Paro in Bhutan.
Also in this issue: Our Feast section takes us into the private restaurants, or paladares, that’s taking Cuba by storm. Our Travel Rant columnist Mike Sowden muses about how getting lost is the best way to explore. Over at ourTravel Thoughts section, Candace ponders over the definition of “home”. Plus 10 culinary trips, a calendar of festivals in August/September and photo contributions from readers!
- ALASKA: Grizzlies and caribou in USA’s wildest state
- FRENCH POLYNESIA: Farming black pearls
- PERU: From the Andes to the Amazon, our 10-page guide
- VANUATU: Photo essay of village life on the island nation
The rest of Issue #4:
- Trip Ideas: 10 Culinary Trips
- Under the Radar: Sudan
- Dispatches: Tracking bisons in Poland
- Just Back: Cultural tour of Zanzibar
- Feast: Havana, Cuba
- Stay: Uma Paro, Bhutan
Buy this issue for US$2.99!
Subscribe for 12 months (4 issues) at just US$10.99
There are several ways of subscribing to WildJunket Magazine:
- Click on the ‘subscribe’ button above, OR
- Subscribe through our new WildJunket Magazine app,
- Subscribe on Zinio and Magzter to read it on your iPad or Android device,
- Order it in print on Magcloud to have it delivered to your doorstep!