As air travel gets cheaper, budget airlines’ popularity is going sky high. Obviously, with airfares going as low as 10euros, who’s not snapping tickets fast especially in this economic recession? Although many budget airlines cut cost by doing away with inflight food(non-existent) and having tighter seat spaces, it hasn’t stopped travellers from taking them. If you want to find the cheapest flight possible, budget airlines are not a bad idea.
Budget Airlines Around the World
Here’s a list of budget airlines. Click on the links to see their websites.
***Highly recommended airlines
Budget Airlines in Europe
- Easyjet *** – best option! flies to everywhere you can imagine.
- Fly Monarch*** – spacious airplanes, best value for money!
- RyanAir – cheapest but also the worst with delays.
- BMI Baby – UK based, cheap beach packages.
- Click Air – based in Spain, cheap tickets to Northern Europe.
- My Air – based in Italy.
- Smart Wings – based in Czech Republic.
- Sky Europe – from Slovakia.
- Thomson Fly – UK based, cheap packages to beaches in Spain & Greece.
- Transavia – Dutch owned, not too cheap.
- Vueling – based in Spain.
- Wizz Air – based in Hungary.
Budget Airlines in North America
- JetBlue*** – fly all over US for as low as $99!
- AirTran*** – flies all over US and Central America.
- Frontier – flies from Denver to the East & West coast, Mexico & Costa Rica.
- Allegiant Air – covers many parts of N.America.
- SouthWest Airlines – one of the most famous budget airlines.
- Westjet – Canadian airline flying to Central America.
- go! – Hawaiian airline that flies from one island to the next.
Budget Airlines in South America
- Viva Aerobus*** – based in Mexico.
- Aires*** – Argentinian airline that flies all over South America & Spain.
- Ocean Air – Brazilian domestic airline.
- Webjet – Brazilian domestic airline.
- Mexicana Click – Mexican domestic airline.
- Volaris – cheap domestic flights within Mexico.
- Easy Fly – based in Columbia, domestic airline.
- Avior Airlines – based in Venezuela, flies to Miami. No online booking.
Budget Airlines in Asia
- Jetstar***-cheap fares to Asia & even Australia! best option in Asia.
- AirAsia**- cheapest tickets, but many delays.
- Tiger Airways – based in Singapore, great bargains.
- Lion Air – Indonesian airline that flies to S’pore, Vietnam & Malaysia as well.
- Cebu Pacific – Filippino budget airline flying domestic & all over Asia to China & Taiwan.