Happy 2015! Hope your new year is off to a good start already!
We rang in the New Year with the best news ever: we’ve reached our fundraising goal for the Rickshaw Run and you guys have helped us raise over $4,000 for charity!!!
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has supported us whether in the form of donation or helping us to spread the word!
We are so touched that you continued to show your support even though we had to pull out of the Rickshaw Run at the last minute (after receiving news that I’m 6-months pregnant and can’t fly! I’ll leave that for another blog post). We didn’t think it would be possible to reach our goal, seeing that we had to raise a thousand or so just a few days before the deadline. But thankfully so many of you stepped forward and the donations just poured in at the last minute.
We are SO happy to be able to make a difference through the help of non-profit Planeterra Foundation and charity organization Cool Earth! The money we’ve raised will definitely go towards meaningful projects all over the world, including India.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU!
To show our gratitude, we’ve teamed up with several travel companies to offer fantastic prizes to donors. Here are the 13 winners of our giveaway! We will be contacting everyone via email. CONGRATULATIONS!
1. Candace Ng – An 8-Day tour of India with G Adventures (worth US$620)
2. Ong Ken Loon – A $100 Voucher from HotelsCheap.org
3. Kristi Gogan – Eagle Creek Dock Duffel Bag (worth $155)
4. Nars Krishnamachari – Tep Mobile WiFi 2-Week Rental (worth $100)
5. Angela Leow – Kinivo ZX100 MIni Portable Speaker (worth $30.95)
6. Tracy Norred – Kinivo BTH220 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone (worth $44.99)
7. Brian Fung – Kinivo BTH360S Bluetooth Stereo Headphone (worth $89.99)
8. Tay Yan Ping – MATTER Hitched Hikers Travel Pants (worth $69)
9. Melinda Countway – Clever Travel Companion Pickpocket-Proof Travel Clothing (worth $34.90)
10. Ishay Govender – Lonely Planet’s The Best Place to Be Today (Paperback worth $23.95)
11. Christoph Kraaibeek – The Adventure Travel Handbook by Nellie Huang (paperback worth $16.99)
12. Linnane Haley – India Unplugged – A Travel Memoir by Aurelia Zoss (Kindle edition worth $3.42)
13. Simon Falvo – 2 Travel Sketches by Talented Sketch Artist Candace Rardon (worth $70)
Thanks to our sponsors who kindly offered us prizes to give away!
Special gratitude goes to our biggest donors:
A heartfelt thank you to all our donors:
|Ishay Govender||Katharina Weber||Stefanie Resciniti|
|Carrie Lowery||Charli Moore||Marcella Branniff|
|Sherry Ott||Ong Ken Loon||Eileen Cotter Wright|
|Debra Corbeil||Paul Dow||Madeleine Dove|
|Audrey Bergner||Christian Nikolaus||Chanel Brown|
|Lies Veldeman||Lorna G||Natalie Boyanovsky|
|Tracy Norred||German Luzon||Emma Nibbs|
|Nars Krishnamachari||Hjortur Smarason||Kiara Gallop|
|Bev Rosser||Maia Elizabeth||Kaitlin Corrigan|
|Emiel Van Den Boomen||Henni Terness||Ruslana Krantman|
|Elizabeth Lennon||Julie Greene||Magda Solis|
|Alberto Beltran||Tay Yan Ping||Magda Izaguirre|
|Kristi Gogan||Raymond Walsh||Alissa James|
|Andrea Rees||Melinda Countway||Cynthia Ord|
|Christoph Kraaibeek||Nichole Baker||Phoenix Teng|
|Simon Falvo||Gaston Blanchet||Anna Wolska|
|Kathryn Burrington||Encarna Jurado||Deborah Hamilton Lynne|
|Dustin Main||Ashley Lim||Casey Cipriani|
|Linnane Haley||Audrey Scott||Hanny Drea|
|Vicente Garcia Ramirez||Kashyap Bhattacharya||Candice Walsh|
|Javi Torres||Gerard Bao||Anastasia Sofia Jones|
|Abigail King||Dalene Heck||Angela Leow|
|Brian Fung||Kate McCulley||Raye Kiu|