15 Panoramas from Around the World

Posted on October 30, 2013 by

C ertain landscapes are simply too vast and magnificent for a normal shot to do them justice and panoramic shots are the best way to capture the magnitude of a place in one shot. An extended frame tends to present a landscape at its best. Thanks to technology, you don’t have to be a professional photographer these days to take a good panoramic shot. From Macchu Picchu in Peru to Antarctica, we bring you a collection of some of our panorama images from around the world.

Expedition cruising in Antarctica

Expedition cruising in the Antarctic Peninsula

Sunny skies in the Antarctic Peninsula

Walking amidst seals and penguins with a view of icebergs floating in the water at Paradise Bay

Macchu Picchu

Peru’s most famous archaeological site Macchu Picchu at sunrise

Haleakala Volcano on Maui, Hawaii

At the rooftop of Maui: Haleakala volcano crater

Uluru or Ayers Rock

The majestic Uluru (Ayers Rock) rising from the sands of Australia’s Northern Territory

The Namib Desert

Vast sand dunes in the Namib Desert near Swakopmund, Namibia

Dead Vlei, Namibia

One of my favorite places in the world: the Dead Vlei in Sossusvlei, Namibia

Victoria Falls

Mosi-oa-Tunya:(the Smoke that Thunders) or Victoria Falls as seen from the Zambia side

Aerial view of Mauritius

Different shades of blue as seen from the air while flying over Mauritius

Our home Granada

Our home Granada, Spain, as captured from the Alhambra Palace

Venice canals

Taking in a view of the canals of Venice on the Rialto Bridge

Clear waters of Kotor Bay, Montenegro

Our favorite part of the Balkans — Kotor Bay in Montenegro

Halong Bay

Cruising on the jade green water of Halong Bay

Rice terraces of Longsheng, China

Beautiful emerald rice paddies in Longsheng, China

Chiangmai pagodas

Golden pagodas at Chiangmai’s Doi Suthep

Note: Most of these panoramas were captured with the iPhone and stitched together using PhotoSynth, which explains the low quality of the images.

Which of our panoramic shot do you like best? Share it with us in the comments field.

11 Responses to “15 Panoramas from Around the World”

1. Ian October 31, 2013 6:47 am #

Glad you posted this Nellie – brought a smile to face as I've counted 6 of these places planned for my 2014/15 Big Trip…

• Nellie November 4, 2013 5:31 am #

Glad we brought a smile to your face! Wow where are you planning to go on your big trip? Im excited for you!

• Ian November 5, 2013 4:45 am #

I'm off to Asia for 18 months (covering Nepal, India, China, Japan, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia) and then hopefully on to Africa – currently in research/planning/saving up/selling up mode which seems to be a full time job in itself!! Working my way through your posts for pieces of inspiration too…

• Nellie November 6, 2013 1:30 pm #

Wow that is awesome! Glad that our articles are of help to you! Let me know if you need any other help. Im off to Nepal next week – will be sure to write more about it here.

2. John November 1, 2013 11:30 am #

What amazing photographs! The two of Antarctica truly capture the feel of the continent. Thank you for sharing these.

3. Susan Wills November 3, 2013 3:44 pm #

Hard to pick a favorite as they all look inviting. Halong Bay and Machu Picchu would be at the top. Love your Wild Junket. Takes me to places I would love to see someday. Happy travels.

• Nellie November 4, 2013 5:30 am #

Huge thanks Susan!

4. kristy November 4, 2013 11:19 pm #

I love how wonderful our world is! We are such a lucky people to see those beauties by means of travelling. We better yet start packing today.

5. Poom November 12, 2013 6:51 am #

Beautiful pictures. But I think the last picture of pagodas is not that of Doi Suthep temple in Chiangmai. From the language shown on the left, it looks like that in Myanmar. Could you please double-check? I’ve never been to Myanmar but I’m from Chiangmai.

6. Sarah February 19, 2014 1:20 am #

Great Photos Nellie! Antarctica is somewhere I'd love to visit, but it also feel a bit daunting! Was it safe?

• Nellie March 6, 2014 11:55 am #

Yes for sure! I went to Antarctica on an expedition cruise and there wasnt a single moment that I felt unsafe. The only difficult part was sailing across the Drake Passage which usually can have huge swells, but I was lucky and my voyage was rather smooth.