Liming On the Caribbean Island of St Kitts

Posted on February 27, 2013 by

From the religious enclaves of Israel, we’ve flown over oceans and continents to the Caribbean island of St Kitts – where time seems to have slowed down to a leisurely pace. Every where on the island, the warm breeze blows and the sound of lapping waves echo from the distance, people saunter on the beach where palm trees dance and sway. Life here is slow, relaxing, and most of all, stress free.

It’s been almost ten years since we’ve been back in the Caribbean and it couldn’t have come at a better time. The past few trips have found us cruising to Antarctica, zipping through the coldest reaches of Europe, and trekking through the backcountry of Israel — we’re now ready to kick back, swap our hiking boots for flipflops, and spend time on the beach – just liming (the Caribbean’s version of relaxing and hanging out). Indeed, liming is a work of art that we’ve come to master and nowhere else does it quite as well as the Caribbean.

But we’re here to explore and liming will just have to wait. Over the past few days, we’ve driven all over the island, drinking in stunning views from the Brimstone Fortress National Park, stumbling upon centuries-old petroglyphs, wandering around the capital of Basseterre and admiring its colonial buildings, and trekking in the rainforest.

For the rest of the week, there’s plenty of stuff awaiting. We’ll be hopping over to the neighboring island of Nevis, for a day of mountain biking and hiking as well as a road trip on 4×4 wheelers. Back on St Kitts, we’ll be doing a rum tour to learn about the island’s flavors, and boarding the scenic railway to see the isle from another point of view, before goofing around on ATVs around Port Zanté.

For an island of just 68 square miles, it packs quite a punch – and while our time here is packed to the brim with adventurous activities, we’ll be sure to do some liming here too, because that’s what life is about right?

We will be writing about St Kitts over the next few weeks. Meanwhile, be sure to leave us some travel tips!

Disclaimer: Our trip was made possible by St Kitts Tourism, but all opinions expressed above are our own.

8 Responses to “Liming On the Caribbean Island of St Kitts”

• Nellie March 6, 2013 12:01 pm #

hi Margo! Sorry we didn\’t see your message until now. Such a pity! We stayed at the Marriott for several days. Hope you are enjoying St Kitts as always. :)

1. DIYsolarfreeelectricit March 15, 2013 11:58 am #

Hello there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.| DIY solar free electricity http://solarandwindenergy.co/solar/

2. tickets air flight March 22, 2013 4:10 pm #

Hi, I log on to your new stuff regularly. Your writing style is witty, keep it up!| tickets air flight http://www.funtraveldeals.com/book-flights/

3. agate cameos bangle March 22, 2013 4:41 pm #

The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!| agate cameos bangle http://www.goldmemoriesforever.com

4. tyflas March 22, 2013 5:06 pm #

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I could I wish to suggest you few fascinating things or suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles relating to this article. I wish to read more things approximately it!| tyflas http://www.takeload.com

5. Jasa Pembelian March 23, 2013 2:28 am #

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.| Jasa Pembelian http://www.gwenkeysha.com

6. foto nunti March 23, 2013 3:14 am #

Hey there! I know this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established blog like yours take a lot of work? I’m brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary on a daily basis. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!| foto nunti http://madvideo.ro/fotograf-de-nunta/