10 Spectacular Waterfalls Around the World

Posted on May 24, 2012 by

This is a sponsored guest post written by Gareth Evans.

The earth surface cracks open and millions of gallons of water tumble down in gargantuan motion: waterfalls are the creation of Mother Nature, designed to enhance our surroundings. Waterfalls come in many different shapes and sizes but no matter how big or wide they are, you can’t deny the magical power of the tumbling waters. From the cascading beauty of Niagara Falls to the icy waters of the Gulfoss in Iceland, we bring you some of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world.

1. Iguazu Falls (Argentina/Brazil)

The Iguazu Falls is not only the number one waterfalls on most people’s lists, but also one of the most beautiful natural attractions the world has to offer. The Iguazu Falls features 275 drops of different heights and widths making it a waterfall fanatic’s paradise. The falls stretch across the border of the Brazilian State of Paraná and the Argentine Province of Misiones. The name “Iguazu” comes from the Guarani or Tupi words, meaning “big water”.Legend has it that a god planned to marry a beautiful woman named Naipí, who fled with her mortal lover Tarobá in a canoe. In rage the god sliced the river, creating the waterfalls and condemning the lovers to an eternal fall.

Iguazu Falls

2.  Yosemite Falls (USA)

When most people think of California, they think of the celebrities and the Hollywood sign, beaches full of beautiful people and the LA Lakers. But California is also home to several national parks and Yosemite is one of the most popular parks of all. Many visitors to the park are there to see the Yosemite Falls, but besides that, you can also go on a multi-day hike, go skiing in winter and camp out in the wilderness. In Spring you can expect the waterfall to thunder as it tumbles down the 729 meter drop to the bottom of the lower falls.

Yosemite Falls

3. Gullfoss (Iceland)

One of the most popular waterfalls in Iceland (out of the thousands it has), Gullfoss is a great day out if from the capital city of Reykjavik. The entire width of the Hvítá River tumbled over the jagged crack, creating the Gullfoss Waterfall. From certain angles the Hvítá River appears to just fall off the edge of a cliff which makes this waterfall immensely spectacular. Along with Thingvellir and Geysir, these form Iceland’s popular tourist route, the Golden Triangle.

Gullfoss waterfall

4. Angel Falls (Venezuela)

They don’t get any higher than this. With a height of 979 metres, Angel falls is the highest waterfall in the world. Although it lacks width, Angel falls is a thing of beauty whether you visit in the dry or wet season. The drop comes over the edge of the Auyantepui Mountain in Venezuela and is a UNESCO World Heritage site in the Gran Sabana region of Bolívar State of Venezuela. The waterfall was named after Jimmie Angel, a US aviator who was the first to fly over the falls in a plane

Flickr photo by olliethebastard

5. Niagara Falls (Canada)

Niagara Falls is one of the most popular waterfalls in the world. If you were to ask anyone to name a waterfall, it would be of the first on most people’s lips. If you are planning on visiting this waterfall I would highly recommend the maid of the mist boat trip which takes you right into the horseshoe of Niagara Falls. From here you will be able to enjoy all of its beauty and
witness just how loud Niagara roars.

Niagara FallsFlickr photo by Adrian MB

6. Plitvice Waterfalls (Croatia)

These gorgeous looking waterfalls and lakes are somewhat a hidden secret in Croatia. Located in the Plitvice Lakes National Park, these series of turquoise-colored falls are found amids the mountainous karst area of central Croatia, at the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The massive Plitvice Lakes National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Plitvice WaterfallsFlickr photo by samal_zores

7. Victoria Falls (Zambia / Zimbabwe)

It takes a moment to catch your breath after witnessing the Victoria Falls in all its glory. Known as Mosi-oa-Tunya, ‘the Cloud that Thunders’, in local Tonga dialect, this monster of a waterfall sprawls across two countries, spreading across the border that divides Zambia and Zimbabwe. While it is neither the highest nor the widest waterfall in the world, it is claimed to be the largest singular waterfall in the world spanning a width of over a mile! Need I say any more about just how impressive this waterfall is?

Victoria Falls

8. Jog Falls (India)

The Jog Falls in India are unlike any other waterfalls in the world. Its appearance large differs depending on which season you visit. During the monsoon season, you will experience Jog Falls at its loudest and proudest when it thunders down in a single drop. Located in Sagar, in the Karnataka state of Western India, this 253m-high waterfalls itself is a reason worth venturing to this part of the country.

Jog FallsFlickr photo by Sreenath H B

9. Ouzoud Falls (Morocco)

Waterfalls in Morocco don’t get any better than the Ouzoud Falls. Surrounded by olive trees, the setting of Ouzoud Falls is poetic, further enhanced by the soothing sounds of the gushing water. With Morocco holidays becoming increasingly more popular these days, I would strongly recommend a day trip away from the city to visit the Ouzoud Falls, located 150km north east of Marrakech.

Ouzoud FallsFlickr photo by dreamX

10. Havasu Falls (USA)

To experience the paradise that is Havasu Falls you have to earn it, as it’s located in a remote canyon in Grand Canyon National Park, in the state of Arizona. With no easy way of visiting this natural wonder, you need a good pair of walking boots but it is worth every minute of it as the colours are quite breathtaking. The mineralized water plunge down from a height of 120 feet into pools of aqua blue water.

Havasu FallsFlickr photo by Trail Sherpa

Did we miss out any waterfall? Which is your favorite?

Comments

comments

106 Responses to “10 Spectacular Waterfalls Around the World”

1. mccooltravel May 26, 2012 12:36 am

Great collection of some of the world's most popular waterfalls.

2. Jeremy Branham May 27, 2012 2:28 pm

I've seen a few of these. I really love waterfalls. Plitvice is amazing and Gullfoss in Iceland makes me want to visit. In photos, that's one f the most impressive waterfalls that I've seen.

Last weekend, I went hiking and hiked to an 800 foot waterfall here in California. I posted some photos and my first video of my hike. I love the outdoors and waterfalls are one thing I love to see in the spring. I am inspired to go hiking a lot more this year – and definitely have more places I need to see nw!

3. ayngelina May 29, 2012 6:51 am

I haven't been to all of these but I can attest that Iguazu makes Niagara look like a leaking tap.

4. Vicky July 26, 2012 2:33 am

Have not been to any of these but would love to go and see ALL of them!

5. Noah Lederman August 1, 2012 12:36 am

Another spectacular fall is in Laos called the Kouang Si falls. Definitely worth the trip and it's just outside of the spectacular city of Luang Prabang.

6. Valuemart August 1, 2012 5:02 am

I can't believe this…….. Awesome waterfalls. Extraodinari, marvalous, mind blowing
    valuemart.co.in

• Mike September 13, 2012 12:03 am

Yeah it is. I wonder how this waterfalls look like one years ago. Was it still the same or has there been dramatic change?

7. Rehan August 2, 2012 7:13 pm

WOW, amazing waterfalls, have seen few of them , God have created these awesome landmarks around us.

Thanks for sharing such a great post and pictures

8. technical writter August 3, 2012 6:31 pm

Amazing waterfalls. i only knew of Niagara falls but didnt know that there are even those better than its. they really look so beautiful

9. Roman Hun August 7, 2012 5:20 am

Those are very nice rivers. I would like to have such nice views in my country.

10. london4travelers August 8, 2012 10:07 pm

The images are so impressive that I want to pack my things and visit at least one of these amazing waterfalls!

11. Lily August 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Really awesome shots !!! :)

12. megan August 11, 2012 4:06 am

you can't beat Yosemite!

13. travel club August 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Definitely going to add your list on my future trips! Thanks! ;)

14. Puru August 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Truely spectacular ! I have always found waterfalls amazing and these photographs fill me with thrill and yearning to go and see those places.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this beautiful post :)

15. Josh Martin August 15, 2012 3:07 am

Absolutely gorgeous! The one from Croatia took my breath away. Time to add some waterfalls to my bucket list.

16. Isaac August 15, 2012 8:17 pm

great shots, i have only been to Victoria falls and its amazing, am looking forward to visit Niagara falls in the future.

17. Itally Villas August 21, 2012 8:09 pm

NIce and very beautiful waterfalls. Visit to them will make your tour memorable one. Thank you very much for this nice and very useful post providing information about beautiful waterfalls.

18. Kerala Hotels August 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Wow!! What a great writing, really I appreciate such kind of topics. It will be very helpful for us. Waiting for more articles, blogs like this. I’m going bookmark your blog for future reference. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

19. Simon August 23, 2012 10:45 am

34 countries in and I've yet to visit any of these incredible waterfalls! My future is very looking bright indeed

20. Journeys and Travels August 23, 2012 10:51 am

I agree! These are indeed the best waterfalls in the world and one, which I will dream to see in my lifetime :)

21. Designer sales August 24, 2012 11:21 pm

22. kelly August 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Maybe, it should be something we put in our bucket list. To visit the top 10 waterfalls. They are all stunning. I have only ever seen one of them which is Niagara but I really quite fancy the Havasu Falls in Arizona it looks idyllic

23. rahul August 30, 2012 2:51 pm

wow! unbelievable waterfalls,thank u wildjunket for such a amazing waterfalls photo.if any one want to buy home appliances in cheap rate they can visit http://owstar.com/products.php?catID=11

24. exotic travels September 2, 2012 3:02 pm

Definitely a great lists of waterfalls. A wonderful location to be visited. :)

25. JoyCheapCarHire September 4, 2012 5:38 pm

Amazing list of all the beautiful waterfalls in the world. Your pictures make me want to visit all of them once and again.
    Thanks for the great post. :)

26. Prerna September 4, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi All,

My name is prerana and I am a member at jakas.in.

Jakas.in: Great way to collect and share your intrests!

Using Jakas.in, you can discover great stuff, to curate a collection of things you love, to get updates on your favorite brands and stores and to share your discoveries.

I use Jakas to punch my favorite recipes, movies, fashion, hair and beauty tips.The punch's on my story board finds relevant offers that interest me.

why stop at that, i can Like it, Dream it, Try it or Buy it through jakas.in.

I am punching it, what about you? do visit http://www.jakas.in

27. Shawn September 6, 2012 4:01 am

What a fantastic start to a bucket list!

28. Dave(Adelaide tours) September 6, 2012 1:16 pm

It would be great fun and pleasure to visit these water falls. They look amazing.

29. Rachel September 7, 2012 10:10 pm

Waterfalls are always my favourite natural feature and it's interesting to think about their history. What must Niagara Falls have looked like tens of thousands of years ago? Just a trickle maybe?

30. Michael September 9, 2012 12:15 am

All falls are unbelievably amazing. I cannot even pick which one is the best among the list. Hope you list down the top 10 smallest falls in the world.

31. Simon Lee September 11, 2012 1:41 am

Niagara falls is one of my top wish list to visit when we are on vacation in Canada last year, but we missed it!

32. Vincent September 12, 2012 11:51 am

Have you been to all these places? If you have, then I will be so jealous. Nature and serenity is really my thing, I hope I can save enough money to go just even one of these waterfalls.

33. Katie September 15, 2012 8:12 am

Superb list and photos! Absolutely beautiful and stunning. Iguazu Falls will be my next destination!

34. Diego@spanishtravelguide September 17, 2012 3:10 am

It just feels great that these waterfalls are still existent and being preserved its natural-physical form. .

35. Travellooga September 17, 2012 6:47 am

That really nice views of all water falls. I like Gullfoss, Niagara Falls and Havasu Falls as i was visited that places. I like the force of that falls.

36. Diego September 21, 2012 2:06 am

Victoria Falls is very impressive. Look at those massive amount of water flowing. It feels like that we could only see this magnificent paradise in pre-historic era.

37. Peter September 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Great post and images! Id have to add Kakadu waterfalls during the wet season to this list as well – just mesmerizing!

38. Miranda September 24, 2012 9:57 am

I've always wanted to visit Angel Falls and Victoria Falls, I think now I will have to add a few more to the list.. very beautiful!

39. Kali September 24, 2012 7:18 pm

These are such beautiful places to travel to. I always wanted to go to Niagra Falls since it is the closest one to me. Having Snoqualmie Falls here in Washington allows for such a gorgeous site but I'm sure doesn't compare to these. The blue waters in Havasu falls is amazing. It's incredible the different enviroments these different waterfalls are in. Thanks for sharing!

40. Mellisa Turner September 25, 2012 2:30 am

I have been to Gullfoss and Niagara falls. If one is wilder the other is wildest. Nature has amazing ways to surprise and is filled with unlimited wealth. Great list there! I have either heard or read about other water falls mentioned from fellow travelers.

41. travel blogger September 25, 2012 10:31 am

Wow some real spectacular shots here, giving me the travel bug again. I've been to Victoria and Niagara, truly stunning but I am loving the look of Havasu Falls!

42. tanned traveler September 27, 2012 12:03 am

this is great, I'm happy to say I've been to 2 of those great water falls…Niagara and Iceland.

43. Mike@globaltravelblog September 27, 2012 3:14 am

These waterfalls are world class. I think I’ll start visiting local waterfalls here in the UK first then visit these. :D I am thinking to visit first Gullfoss which a bit near from us.

44. Mary October 2, 2012 6:56 am

Victoria Falls is I think on the top of those waterfalls. By just looking at those gigantic falling water, it is very impressive to watch how water flows and sounds.

45. Italy Accommodation October 3, 2012 2:16 am

Great waterfalls. I like each of them.I visited the waterfall in India and Niagra and I had great experience with it. Thanks for sharing this nice post.

46. Shruti October 4, 2012 12:42 am

I haven't witnessed such amazing water falls till date. These are just mesmerizing and I completely agree with you that these are the best and amazing waterfalls. These waterfalls are actually the gift of nature and are really hard to describe their beauty in words. Thanks for this amazing post.

47. Kodaikanal Travels October 8, 2012 6:24 am

Bear Shola Falls is also great waterfall to watch in Kodaikanal,India

48. Mike October 9, 2012 7:46 am

I am waterfall lover. I have been to many waterfalls across the globe. Based on my experience, I like the big water Iguazu Falls which the most beatuiful attraction the world has to offer. I love coming back to the waterfalls.

49. Seven October 9, 2012 9:46 am

Get acquainted with the hypnotizing natural phenomenon of waterfalls in Arkansas graciously provided by Mother Nature herself. Some of the most striking Arkansas waterfalls can be found in the Ozark Mountains and Ouachita Mountain ranges, which cover approximately two-thirds of The Natural State.
    A word of caution: some of these living waterfalls are located in fairly remote areas of Arkansas. The trailhead may be difficult to reach and physical stamina may be required. We've done our best to classify the falls as to their ease of accessibility.

50. Watson October 9, 2012 9:48 am

The Falls at Lake Catherine State Park – These wide, beautiful waterfalls drop about 10 feet and into a blue pool in a scenic, wooded setting not far from the lake. From I-30, take exit 97 near Malvern and go north 12 miles on Ark. 171. This road will dead end at Lake Catherine State Park. Follow the park signs to the Falls Branch Trail. This trail begins near the campground, winds through the wooded area of the park, and crosses Little Canyon Creek in several places. The waterfall is located approximately 1/4-mile from the trailhead – when hiking clockwise around the loop. This two-mile trail is considered to be easy to moderate in difficulty.

51. Mike October 10, 2012 1:40 am

My dad is really inspired to go to Niagara Falls. We've been like to 20 countries across the globe. Still, we have gone to this magnificent waterfalls. My dad has promised to go here by the end of the year. I am so excited!

52. Amelia October 11, 2012 12:07 am

In a country that holds a special place in our hearts, this gorgeous 580m waterfall is easily New Zealand's most spectacular waterfall and makes our list. Given its remote location deep in the wild and beautiful Fiordland National Park (also a World Heritage Area), it's one of many highlights of the Milford Track – said to be one of the finest walks in the world.

53. Traveling Ted October 11, 2012 12:57 pm

I have always regretted going to the Grand Canyon, but not making it to Havasu. The only one I have seen on this list is Angel Falls. I have some work ahead of me.

54. Ryan October 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Awesome post, New Zealand has some gnarly and stunning waterfalls as well, a few of which I’ve jumped off of!

55. Oscar October 11, 2012 3:51 pm

10 amazing places and I have only been in Plitvice, but I agree that they're gorgeous.

56. CheapRvRentalCanada October 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Wow, What a beautiful waterfalls! I had visited Iguazu waterfall at once. Will try to explore others if I get a chance. Thanks for sharing the list of beautiful waterfalls.

57. Debra October 12, 2012 8:17 pm

The green around Gullfoss shocked me. I had seen it in mid February, where trying to climb anywhere near it was walking on ice. I am glad to have come across this post to see the green and other lovely waterfalls.

58. Duke October 13, 2012 4:50 am

Amazing waterfalls….My favorite from this images is Havasu falls…..The water collor is unbeliviable…

59. hemanth October 14, 2012 3:26 pm

According to my view—Waterfalls represent two completely different ideas to people. On one hand, they characterize peaceful, natural landscapes. When most people see a picture of a waterfall, they probably see a place of calm beauty that could be part of a paradise. You could even say they're romantic — for instance, So many couples plan honeymoon visits to Niagara Falls.

60. Neetu Agarwal October 14, 2012 3:36 pm

I just love to see and visit such places. Easily the most famous waterfall in North America, this powerful waterfall also ranks as the biggest one by volume with a whopping average of about 750,000 gallons per second (2.8 million Liters per second)! In addition to its raw power, the falls is easily one of the easiest to access and view from all sorts of angles. While its surroundings are a bit less naturesque for many, it clearly makes the upper tier of our list of Top 10 Waterfalls.

61. Jaimin October 15, 2012 6:22 am

Incredible photos. Beautiful waterfalls around the world.

62. deepugerman October 16, 2012 1:00 am

Deepu

Waterfalls come in many different shapes and sizes but no matter how big or wide . Great collection of some of the world's most popular waterfalls. its my dream to see in my lifetime .http://deeputraveltrip.blogspot.in/

63. Diana Ashlay October 16, 2012 1:28 am

I agree these are most Wonderful waterfalls in the world.Here i like Niagara Falls in Canada i think most of the people like this Waterfall .This picks are very nice.

64. Augstin Prince October 16, 2012 1:29 am

Great view of those water falls Nice collection.I think you are very much suffered to get those photos in your blog. Thanks for giving great view of those waterfalls.

65. vandana.germansoft October 17, 2012 3:15 am

Great collection of some of the world's most popular waterfalls.I know that those 10 spectacular waterfalls around the world is simply amazing. I think that it would be great to visit some of them. I know that many people long to be there and enjoy that beautiful place.

66. surya October 18, 2012 6:44 am

I love travel for river and I will get lot of enjoy in waterfall. This is very good for travels. Thank you

67. Kumar Ashish October 22, 2012 5:39 am

Unbelievable

68. Travel universally October 23, 2012 9:15 am

Feels like , I should get My glider and make a risky flight nearby those Water falls. Thanks, awesome waterfall scenes!

69. Explore Earth October 24, 2012 9:58 am

Jog falls in India is a tourist spot there! Visitors normally likes those separated falls which make it more unique. I must also say that the sounds of falls are considered to be relaxing.

70. Ashish October 25, 2012 5:27 am

I am very impressed to Read this article

71. World Travel 4 All October 27, 2012 1:06 am

Plitvice Lakes National Park is really famous in Croatia. The lake is really gorgeous and is color turquoise which is really good in photographs!

72. tracy October 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Lovely places I have been in that waterfalls last year, in there i remember to use http://www.convertpoundstokilos.com/

73. flight bookings October 29, 2012 2:21 am

The Victoria Falls is one site to see. It definitely is larger than the Niagara Falls and there are tons of activities that can be done here.

74. Neil Walrath October 29, 2012 3:46 am

Havasu Falls just cant get that out of my mind.

75. Laurie October 29, 2012 9:49 pm

IIm with you These are indeed the best waterfalls in the world and one, which I will dream to see in my lifetime

76. saritha October 30, 2012 2:37 am

Easily deserving of the top spot on this list , victoria falls is the largest singular waterfall in the world spanning a width of 1.7km, a height of 108m, and an average flow of 1 million liters per second! It's no wonder this "smoke that thunders" is considered one of the seven natural wonders of the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Indeed, it's got power, beauty, and it will make you humble and awestruck.

77. @aksomitis November 3, 2012 11:09 am

Great around-the-world tour of some amazing waterfalls! Looks like I've got a lot more to visit, that's for sure, since Niagara Falls are the only ones I've hit yet.

78. Priy@nk@ November 5, 2012 1:52 am

Wow that's amazing and beautiful waterfalls in the world. thank you Wild Junket to post this article. i have not been to this places but after reading this article it feels the presence of water rushing down.

79. Partha November 5, 2012 4:43 am

The collection of waterfalls are just breathtaking. Love it .

80. Susan November 7, 2012 7:06 am

I have been there in GullFoss falls, it's the fall where you could feel the same water energy with winds like a person feels nearby Niagra fall. Awesome collection , great!

81. The Bounce Magazine November 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Awesome article! I really liked the info on Iguazu Falls. I'm going to Brazil in Feb and I will definitely ad this place to my itinerary now!

82. EJ Juen Jr November 13, 2012 12:22 pm

The landscape surrounding the Plitvice Waterfalls looks very nice. :)

83. davidwilliam7854 November 15, 2012 4:05 am

I really love waterfalls. Plitvice is amazing and Gullfoss in Iceland makes me want to visit. In photos, that's one f the most impressive waterfalls that I've seen. The one from Croatia took my breath away. Time to add some waterfalls to my bucket list.

84. Golfzoo November 19, 2012 12:41 am

Stunning!! Just WOW!

85. Andy November 19, 2012 11:30 am

Great inspiration here. Another set of waterfalls – or more correctly cascades – which will be of major interest to James Bond fans is in Jamaica; near Ocho Rios is the location used as the backdrop for famous scenes in 'Dr No'. Not quite as spectacular as the ones here, but beautiful nonetheless. More here: http://grownuptravelguide.com/licence-to-travel-f

86. World Ventures November 20, 2012 3:28 pm

WorldVentures is a lifestyle company on a mission to help people achieve more fun, freedom and fulfillment in their lives.

- 100% guarantee the lowest prices in hotels (4-5 stars)
    - 50% discount for accommodation in more than 9000 hotels in the world.
    - Access to 16 million of the 160 cruise offers the world's largest travel agencies (and their number is still growing)
    - Access to the largest platform in the world cruise for club members only,

Data available directly through the club – http://wellnesspoland.pl/worldventures
    Price for a membership card – only 360 $!

We are looking for partners and people interested in promoting our offer.
    For referring the club you can earn between 200 and $ 10,000 per month.
    More details can be given during the conversation.

http://wellnesspoland.pl/worldventures Welcome!

87. suzzanelobo November 21, 2012 8:56 am

That's awesome.. would love to see myself in front of all these waterfalls.

88. Enjoyment November 22, 2012 12:18 am

Awesome collection of beautiful waterfalls of the world. Thanks for providing this amazing information about these waterfalls.

89. Paul Krol November 23, 2012 11:35 pm

All of these are spectacular! Since i'm in Toronto, i've only seen Niagara Falls a bunch of times, but would love to visit any of these other ones!

90. kullu manali November 27, 2012 6:55 am

Yeah that;s right these all are amazing the creativity of nature.

91. LoneResQ November 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Awesome.Truly amazing waterfalls.I wish I can visit some of it.I love nature and seeing the pictures makes me feel relax.I'm glad you shared this.Thanks.

92. Ryan @Treksplorer November 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Great post, Gareth! I've seen a number of these (truthfully loved all of them) but my personal favourite is probably Plitvice. It may not have the volume or height of many of the biggest waterfalls but the colours in Plitvice are simply fantastic! Another cool one that's not in your list is Svartfoss in Iceland. It isn't overly large or voluminous but it has some amazingly bright hues in the surrounding mosses and some great hiking nearby for incredible views (from what I remember).

93. Morocco Vacation November 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Nice list of waterfalls, i am glad that one of the waterfalls of my home country made it (#9).

94. Stephen S. November 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Great list. I am glad you included Plitvice. I am going there this summer and I can't get enough pictures of it.

95. facebook fans January 21, 2013 6:06 am

The monsoon is slowly building to a peak, and this is the time to explore the magnificent Dudhsagar Falls on the Goa-Karnataka border. Three railfanners took, quite literally, the railroad less travelled to explore this route. For those unfamiliar with railfanners, they are to trains and railways what birdwatchers are to birds. They are enchanted with the minutest details of the railway — from locomotives, stations and carriages to rakes, signals, cabooses… you name it. Over three days, these intrepid enthusiasts planned a unique "trek" to Dudhsagar Falls in the Western Ghats. They met at Hubli, Karnataka and boarded the Haripriya Express to Londa, and then hailed an auto-rickshaw to Castle Rock. From there they trekked along the jungle-fringed track, lashed by monsoon downpours, to Caranzol. The weather being unkind, the station master advised them to head back to Castle Rock or Londa for the night. On the second day, they went to Dudhsagar and spent the day at the falls, indulging their passion for trainspotting

96. VICKY February 1, 2013 11:42 pm

THOSE RIVERS IS VERY BEAUTYFUL

97. nandini February 23, 2013 4:03 am

Very Beautiful awsum pictures

98. shankar February 23, 2013 5:30 am

it very nice thanks for this

99. Yogesh March 15, 2013 4:48 am

Best watefalls all over the world.

100. article writers for hire May 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clarity in your post is just cool and i could assume you are an expert on this subject.
    Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with
    forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding
    work.

101. Jawbone Era May 28, 2013 1:16 am

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Great work!

102. Kori June 9, 2013 2:22 pm

These are some amazing waterfall. I specifically like Plitvice in Croatia. The world is full of great waterfall, all it take's to see them is to book a trip. Great Picutres

103. market a mobile app July 19, 2013 2:23 am

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more

than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.

But just imagine if you added some great images or videos to

give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this blog could undeniably be one

of the best in its niche. Wonderful blog!

1. Tripping's Top 5 Favorite Blog Posts of the Week - The Tripping BlogThe Tripping Blog - May 26, 2012

[...] 2. Wild Junket’s Top 10 Spectacular Waterfalls Around the World [...]

2. The Radar: World’s Best Waterfalls, New Types of Tours, Second Chance Slovenia – Intelligent Travel - August 29, 2012

[...] The sheer power and natural beauty of seeing a waterfall is tough to beat. This list takes you across five continents to highlight the world’s ten best waterfalls. Some may know; some you may not. [Wild Junket] [...]